Youth Media Project
2017 - Roseburg Workshop 1
Workshop #1: Prevention – March 7, 2017
• Prevention Messaging
• Topic Choice
• Begin Developing Ideas
Effective Prevention Messaging includes:
• Reflect the language of the target audience
• Speak to the audience’s core values
• State facts and statistics
• Use a positive message
• Be action oriented and offer solutions
• Tell a story
• Promote positive social norms
• Link issue to oppression, disease, social issue or teen issue
• Present issues as a community problem, not an individual problem
Developing Your PSA:
• What is your topic?
o Ask yourself, is there an issue effecting my community? My peers? Something I feel passionate about?
• What sort of PSA will you produce?
o Raise Awareness – bring attention to your issue
o Call to Action – Motivate others to take action on your topic
o Provide Resources – Give others information where they may seek either additional info or support for those wanting help or more info
• Who is your target audience?
o What demographic is your message aimed towards? Teens, a certain age group, parents, young professionals?
1 - 6
If you or someone you know needs help RIGHT NOW - call:
To report child abuse: 1-800-305-2903
Battered Person’s Advocacy Crisis Line: 1-800-464-6543
2700 NW Stewart Pkwy Roseburg, OR 97471
NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE UP2US MENTORING PROGRAM
© 2016 Up2UsNOW